Sunday, August 11, 2013

wanna know a secret?

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon with my little sister.
Well, not quite.
She isn't really my little sister, she's one of my best friends.
But I think of her as one of the sisters I never had.
And I have a secret I don't think I can ever tell her.

You see, a while back, her dad was in the hospital for his heart.
(They thought he had one... jk.)
He was rather put out that they wouldn't allow him to smoke in the Cardiac Care Unit.
No joke.

She lives at the other coast and had come to town to be with him.  I had joined her there, keeping her company and being a good friend.
When she had to return to her family, I had told her I would continue to check in on her dad.  His brother and sister-in-law were to soon come and would be staying with him at his house when he was released.

So, there I was one night, visiting her dad at the hospital.
And I'm just chatting with him, you know?
And all of a sudden, I notice the way he's looking at me.
And one of his hands is under his sheets, down low.
About crotch level.
Moving.
Rhythmically.

Damn.

I realized what he was doing.  I realized that the conversation had been about me coming over to his house to check on him from time to time.

Damn.

I told him I have a boyfriend, an ex-cop boyfriend.

The hand stopped moving.

I told him goodbye and I left.

No way I am ever telling that tale to my little sister.


No comments: